The Hub had it’s beginnings when a group of Jesus followers started asking some honest questions:
- Why does today’s church look so different than what read about in the book of Acts?
- Jesus was called a “friend of sinners” (they wanted to spend time with him) yet he made religious people uncomfortable. Why is the exact opposite true for many Christians today?
- Is church really all about attending a weekly event where 2-3 people use their gifts and everyone else watches?
- What does it mean for us to “be the church” all week, as opposed to attending church?
- What would happen if every believer embraced their calling to be a minister and make disciples?
- What could God do in and through us if we totally submit to his leadership?
We concluded that God was leading us to be a different kind of church and a group of leaders began praying and planning. In January 2018, The Hub had its first public worship and started our first two Missional Communities (MCs).